The Trussville Beautification Board has revealed its annual Beautification Awards, and two Cahaba Project homes (bolded below) were named winners.
The board met May 17 to judge local homes and businesses to determine the winners.
The 2021 Trussville Beautification Board Award winners are:
- Best Use of Color: Billy Morrison, 407 Rockridge Avenue
- Best Landscape Design: Betty Chilton, 4663 Chris Drive
- Best Homeowner Maintained: Dale and Nora O’Connell, 7711 Happy Hollow Road
- Best Turf: Matt Schrecongost, 3286 Cahaba Manor Drive
- Business: Stonegate Entrance, North Chalkville Drive
Second-place winners are:
- Best Use of Color: Mike and Sally Inzina, 408 Edgeview Avenue
- Best Landscape Design: Stephen and Joy Busenlehner
- Best Homeowner Maintained: Cathy Freeman, 410 Rockridge Avenue
- Best Turf: Phil Youngblood, 247 York Street
- Business: Church of the Holy Cross Episcopal, 90 Parkway Drive
The winners will receive yard markers signifying their wins, while second-place finishers will receive a certificate from the City of Trussville.
The board is made up of Laurie Nabors, Sue Peterson, Jim Henry, Nina Orr and Melodie Trimm. Judges were Linda Grissom, Margaret Fritsma and Dorothy Stephens.
For more information about the Trussville Beautification Board, contact President Laurie Nabors at LaurieM003@centurytel.net or Trussville City Councilwoman Jaime Melton Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.