Just beyond the east side of The Mall beside the historic school building is Heritage Hall, originally a retail general store and filling station managed by the Cahaba Cooperative Association. Built in 1938 along with the homes in the Cahaba Project, the store served the needs of the Cahaba Project residents. In 1951, four years after Trussville incorporated as a town, the town bought the general store to establish a community center and library. It later served as band and choral rooms for the high school.
In 1988, on the building’s 50th anniversary, the Trussville Industrial Development Board restored the building. The building was dedicated to the preservation and development of the historic, civic and cultural heritage of the city through the Trussville Historical Board, the Trussville Area Chamber of Commerce and the Arts Council of the Trussville Area.
The left side of Heritage Hall holds old yearbooks, newspaper articles, books, artifacts, photos and other historical findings relative to the city of Trussville. The backside of Heritage Hall, near the Trussville City Pool, is ACTA Theatre, where local students and residents participate in dramas, comedies and musicals.