Join us Friday, May 19, 2023, at 6 p.m. for a Backyard BBQ Fundraiser for our Stone Gateways Project!
The event will be held at 410 Rockridge Avenue in Trussville, at the home of Mike and Cathy Freeman. Rodney Scott’s BBQ and Hero Doughnuts will cater the event, and Rodney Scott himself will attend!
- A regular ticket is $50.
- A VIP ticket, which includes one signed copy of Scott’s Rodney Scott’s World of BBQ and one wine glass, is $100.
- A VIP ticket plus one guest, which includes one signed copy of Scott’s Rodney Scott’s World of BBQ and two wine glasses, is $150.
Tickets may be reserved via PayPal here, via Zelle at CahabaHHF@gmail.com, or by mailing a check to CHHF at P.O. Box 53, Trussville, AL 35173.
Amazing Door Prizes include:
- One bottle of Davidson Reserve Tennessee Straight Sour Mash Whiskey
- Two $50 gift cards to Hero Doughnuts & Buns
- Two sauce packages from Rodney Scott’s BBQ
- One painting by Amy R. Peterson
- One signed book bundle by Gary Lloyd
- Three delicious Tandicakes! There are 3 different flavors: Almond, Chocolate Chip and Sugar Cookie. Each cakes serve 12 to 16 people and can be frozen and served later!
- Two prize packs of two VIP tickets ($60 value each) and $25 market cash to Vintage Market Days
- One bag of Colombian coffee called the Rudy’s Roast from Fly Line Coffee Co., a sweet coffee reminiscent of chocolate and cherries. Also included is a bag of Ethiopian coffee called the Sunfish Roast, a tea-like coffee with flavor notes of pears, pineapple, and plum. This door prize also includes a BOCO Gear Fly Line Coffee Co. hat!
*Any ticket is eligible for door prizes.
The Stone Gateway Project will identify our historic community with entrances reading: “Cahaba Homestead Village – U.S. Resettlement Administration – Est. 1936-1938.”
The sandstone entrance designs are based on the original sandstone entrance at the Parkway Drive and Highway 11 intersection. The three proposed locations include:
- Chalkville Road/Poplar Street intersection
- Poplar Street/Parkway Drive intersection
- Green park along Chalkville Road between Hewitt Street and Magnolia Court
More information about the Stone Gateway Project can be found here.